- Pennsylvania Military College, A.B in Political Science and Distinguished Military Graduate
- Cornell University, College of Arts, Architecture and Planning, Master of Regional Planning
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Public Health, Master of Public Health
- Commissioned Officer in the United States Army and served in Germany as an officer in Military Intelligence during the Cold War
- Moe and his wife, Elizabeth moved to Needham in 1987 where Elizabeth established a solo medical practice in internal medicine. Their three children are graduates of Needham High School
Moe and Elizabeth Handel live in the oldest house in 02494 at the corner of Rosemary and Webster since 1987. In 2014, after consulting with the Needham Historical Commission, they found a way to install 22 solar panels in a way that respected the historical integrity of the house which was built in 1779. In 2016 they undertook the restoration of the original front entrance on Webster street that had been removed in the 1940s.
- Moe enjoyed a successful career that has included city planning, hospital administration and planning, public health planning and hospice care consulting.